Saturday 8 September 2007

Guns, Violence, and Carrots!!!


In the live action Warner Brothers cartoon "Shoot 'Em Up" Clive Owen is Bugs Bunny while Paul Giamatti is Elmer Fudd. This was a great time at the movies, it's an action movie with a sense of humour and never lets up. The action movies that came out this summer like "Live Free or Die Hard" aren't as refreshing or funny as this. The best action movies I've seen this year have been comedies. Before this there was "Hot Fuzz", maybe it's a sign of the times that action movies can't take themselves seriously anymore. That's not a bad thing, I find it more enjoyable and the actors seem to having more fun too. Clive Owen is probably my favorite action star at the moment, he's got that cynical Bogart type tough guy going for him, I think he should be the biggest star in Hollywood right now. Paul Giamatti is another guy who should be selling tickets.

This was a great movie, in fact when it was over I was hoping for a sequal, why not, if "The Transporter" could have a sequal, why can't this funnier and better film have one?

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

I'm going to see this one later today and hoping it rocks, so thanks for the good word .. If it's simply a very funny, very stylish, hail of bullets, that's enough for me