Friday 5 March 2010

The Only Thing I Will Say About The Oscars



The Oscars are fun, they remain fun, I will be at home Sunday night and watch them with anticipation. I'm hoping for an upset of epic proportions just to shake things up. Remember when "Crash" beat "Brokeback Mountain"? Something like that would be great!

I'm hoping a write in vote for Matt Damon in "The Informant!" will be the upset, I know that isn't expected to happen but wouldn't it be exciting if it did?

Let me just say I'm excited about Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin co-hosting, I expect nothing short of hilarious.

Of the Best Picture nominees I haven't seen "An Education" or "Precious" so I hesitate to give my pics. I also haven't seen "The Blind Side" but really why bother? Needless to say my favorite movie of last year "Summer Hours" wasn't nominated for anything. My second favorite "Up" was, as was my third "A Serious Man" so to those I wish nothing but good luck.

As for the new rule of having ten films nominated I like A.O. Scott's comment that if you look at the ten movies nominated, for better or for worse, it does give you a good idea of the kinds of movies 2009 had to offer, and in that way I don't mind the extended list. Whether this will conclude with a longer telecast I guess we'll see.

No comments: