Thursday 25 February 2010

Jeremy's Sight and Sound List



Those not familiar with the Sight and Sound magazines annual list of the greatest films of all time I encourage you to check it out. They poll a bunch of film critics and film directors and they give their top ten best films of all time. It's quite interesting to see. The next list won't be until 2012, but I figured I give my top ten list of all time. Sight and Sound didn't ask me but I don't care, like I said lists are fun.

I myself have come to a realization that I in no way have a number one favorite movie of all time. For awhile I would've said "It's a Wonderful Life" and it still is, but then I must remember other films that have had just as much of an impact on me. My list has been alphabatized since I didn't have the heart to number them. In some way they are all number one films, and in one way or another have influenced me and my life greatly.

2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick)
Casablanca (Curtiz)
City Lights (Chaplin)
The Decalogue (Kieslowski)
It's a Wonderful Life (Capra)
Jules and Jim (Truffaut)
Late Spring (Ozu)
My Dinner with Andre (Malle)
The Three Colors Trilogy (Kieslowski)
Tokyo Story
(Ozu)

No comments: