Saturday 13 December 2008

Pushing Daisies is....pushing daisies

While I mostly reserve this movie blog for movies, I also reserve the right to occasionally switch it up a bit, case in point: television. I don't watch much television at all, which I am told by many friends that it is a sin since most shows today seem to be better than anything you see in the theatre. While that may be true, I usually choose to spend my time on other pursuits such as reading a book, or writing, or watching a classic film.

However there was one show I did very much enjoy if i felt the urge to turn on the television. "I loved "Pushing Daisies", it was a romantic fantasy of a man named Ned who could bring dead things to life with the touch of his finger. Though the show dealt with a morbid theme of death all the time, it kept a whimsical personality full of warm humour and wonderful characters.

However it has now come to my understanding that "Pushing Daisies" will now be cancelled after only half a season. While the makers of the show hope to wrap up all the loose ends by the final episode, I am still bummed. Maybe this is why I don't watch television, because the last time I enjoyed watching a TV show it was "Arrested Development" which also suffered a premature demise.

I will get over the cancellation of "Pushing Daisies" in time, and I have family and friends to console me in this time of tragedy, I only wish that Ned could touch his own show and bring it back to life. All this while "Two and a Half Men" lives on!!! Blasphemy!!!

No comments: