Thursday 27 November 2008

Movies from A to Z

I picked this up from another site. The main idea is to list movies starting with each letter of the alphabet. Each movie has to say something about you, it's not a favorites list but rather more of why these films are important to your life. Pretty much you can make what you want with it. Hope you play along.

A- An Autumn Afternoon: Because it was Ozu's final film and no other director's work has affected me so much.

B- The Barbarian Invasions: Because I'm Canadian and this is my favorite Canadian film.

C- City Lights: Because who hasn't related to Charlie Chaplin's the Tramp at least once in their life? It's a main inspiration on my art and myself.

D- Do the Right Thing: Because it's alive and vibrant and provokes me each time I watch it.

E- Enchanted: Because I may have an unhealthy infatuation with Amy Adams.

F- Four Hundred Blows: Because it was the film that introduced me to world cinema and personal filmmaking.

G- The General: Because it was the first silent film I saw, but most importantly introduced me to the wonder that is Buster Keaton

H- Horse Feathers: Because where would I be without The Marx Brothers?

I- It's a Wonderful Life: Because it's my favorite, enough said.

J- Jules and Jim: Because as of right now no other film speaks to me more as an artist and a lover of film.

K- Kundun: Because it was the first Scorsese film I was aloud to see.

L- Late Spring: Because this film along with "Tokyo Story" changed the way I looked at movies and life in general.

M- My Fair Lady: Because it's my mother's favorite movie.

N- Notorious: Because it's a perfect movie that just doesn't get made anymore.

O- Once: Because it's a film I would recommend to anyone.

P- Pinocchio: Because it's the best animated film ever, and the donkey transformation scene is still scary.

Q- The Quiet Man: Because it's a film that's about it's characters and I'm charmed by it each time I see it.

R- Raiders of the Lost Ark: Because it speaks to my inner child.

S- The Shop Around the Corner: Because it was the first time I witnessed "The Lubitsch Touch".

T- Top Hat: Because it's a film world I want to be a part of.

U- Umberto D: Because I had a dog like Flick and his name was Buster.

V- Vertigo: Because it's a dream movie and I find something new in it each time I see it.

W- The Wild Bunch: Because William Holden, Robert Ryan, Warren Oates, Ben Johnson, Edmond O'Brien, and Ernest Borgnine were the coolest guys ever to be in one movie together.

X- Xanadu: Because this is a hard letter and because Olivia Newton John was quite attractive in those days.

Y- You Can't Take it With You: Because it was the film that taught me there are more important things in this world than money, and you should enjoy what you do more.

Z- Zelig: Because more often than once I wished I were a human chameleon.

No comments: