Friday 14 November 2008

JEREMY AND THE MOVIES CELEBRATES 200TH POST!!!! WOOOO!!!

That's right, I have reached a meaningless milestone and I figured to pause and reflect on it. "Jeremy and the Movies" began about a year and a half ago when I learned about blogger and figured "hey this gives me the chance talk all about movies". Movies have been a great passion of mine, I love discussing, debating, and deconstructing them. One of my great goals in life is to one day direct my own film, and hope that it would be good. I have great respect for people who even attempt to make a film let alone make a really good, maybe even great one. Making a film requires overcoming so many obstacles and it takes perseverance, courage, and a vision.

When it comes to reviewing films I try to be fare and honest, and approach it as a regular viewer who wants to see a good film. Good films seem to become rarer and rarer these days in the mainstream market, and I seem to be avoiding the big multiplexes more and more in favour of the quaint art houses, unfortunately from where I live the closest art house is about two hours away which makes it somewhat of a nuisance, however I was able to steal myself away a few days ago to see "Rachel Getting Married" and "Happy-Go-Lucky" which you will hear about in days to come.

My Directors Spotlight series has become a highlight for me in this blog, where I just randomly pick one director who I either want to study more on or just talk about why they are so important to me. It's sort of become the heart of my blog and has taken it in a somewhat different direction. Each month I find myself going more and more in depth wanting to learn more. The Directors Spotlight series is definitely something I will continue to do, I am also thinking of new series' to compile for the new year.

I've started this blog for selfish reasons, it's my tool to vent my opinions about movies, and I'm glad there are actually a select few of you who are loyal readers of it, it's nice to know I'm not alone out there. So stay tuned for some more of the same along with some new and improved additions to "Jeremy and the Movies". Wooooooo

No comments: