Tuesday 1 January 2008

January Spotlight Director: Buster Keaton

Happy New Year everyone, and what better way to celebrate than announcing this month's Director spotlight. That's right, it's that pioneer of the screen comedy Buster Keaton. Here's hoping this month will be a special treat for you Keaton fans out there or if you're silent movie fans, or silent comedy fans, or comedy fans in general, or movie fans in general. Keaton has been called the greatest of the silent comedians and among the greatest directors ever. I'll be examining his films and life, so join me this January with a celebration of this brilliant man's work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog you have! Looking forward to your Keaton films. One of his most underrated to me is GO WEST. I was planning a "director of the month" series myself-- I was a little horrified when I saw you were doing it already! But I'm too backlogged to start it right away anyhow. I know I'll start with Hitchcock when I do get it off the ground. So where is your top ten of 2007? P.S. I put my top ten Capra on your last Capra blog entry.

GARY

Jeremy said...

Gary: Thanks for the compliments. Can't wait to see your Director of the month series too. I'm holding off on my top ten of 2007 because I still wanna see a few more movies before I decide (ie. "I'm Not There", "There Will be Blood")