Tuesday 30 October 2007

Musical Harmony: "Once" Revisited

I just wanted to be clear as I'm not sure if I was in my review of this extraordinary film. "Once" is a masterpiece, it is a great film, I am quite certain another film won't come along this year that is better than this one. It filled me with so much emotion and has ruined my Halloween. Instead of wanting to watch a scary movie I just want to watch this again and again. This is a special movie for me, I think it is destined to become a classic in years to come.

Do you know what I did today, I was at work humming songs from "Once" in my head. Sometimes the songs made me think of scenes from the movie, sometimes the songs made me think of my own life. I listened to the soundtrack again and again. Is it the songs in this movie that make it so special? Partly, it's the whole love story between the guy and the girl, it's something we should all be so luck to have. Do yourself a favor and see "Once" as soon as you can. Do what I do and mark December 18th down on your calender cause that's when it comes out on DVD. Once is not enough to see "Once" if I could be so punny.

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen period.

No comments: