Saturday 31 October 2009

The Most Important Movie Announcement You Will Hear This Season!

Starting in November (That's tomorrow) "Jeremy and the Movies" wiil embark on its most ambitious project to date.

With the winding down of this year, means we are finishing up the first decade of the new millinium. And of course that means lists among lists of the Best Films of the Decade, and "Jeremy and the Movies" has decided to ride on everyone elses coat tails. That's right, by the end of the year, you will indeed see "THE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NO DOUBT ABOUT IT BEST FILMS OF THE DECADE!!! My list will be revealed December 31st (A Date that is to be written in blood so I will keep my vow.)

However to celebrate THIS decade in movies, I have decided to turn back the clocks, and give you all of my top ten films starting with the 1930s. However I have restricted myself to one guideline.

Each director will be limited to one film per decade, I've decided to do this because that would give me the chance to focus on different kinds of films of said decade. So even if some directors were very prolific in one decade (ie. Frank Capra in the 30s or Jean-Luc Godard in the 60s), I would only focus on one of their movies.

So starting in November, each week will be dedicated to a different decade untill the unvailing of this decade's group of films. Each week, I will write a piece about each decade, and highlight three random movies from my lists. At the end of each week, the top ten lists will be revealed.

The fun thing about this is you guys can join in the fun by telling me what your top ten lists are, although they would of course be inferior to mine, since mine are Absolutely, Positively, no doubt about it the best.

To give you a run down of how each week will look, here is a schedule:

November 1st-7th The 30s
November 8th-14th The 40s
November 15th-21st the 50s
November 22nd-28th The 60s
November 29th-December 5th The 70s
December 6th-12th The 80s
December 13th-19th The 90s
December 20th-26th Christmas Holidays (Heightened anticipation this way!)
December 27th-31st The 2000s

No comments: