Monday 2 February 2009

Favorite Movie Moments


I've a new feature at "Jeremy and the Movies". Each month I will choose ten films at random and pick out a favorite moment from them. These are the moments or the images that have stayed with me and the ones that come to mind the most when I think of a film. There's something about these moments that make them special to me. I won't go into detail as to why they are important I'll just list them which I hope will encourage you to go out and see these movies yourself if you haven't already. If you guys have any favorite movie moments to share yourselves, I encourage you to list some on this blog. So here is my list for February.

Late Spring: The father at the end alone in his room, peeling an apple.

Miller's Crossing: Tom and Bernie in the woods and Bernie telling Tom to "look in his heart"

It's a Wonderful Life: George Bailey at the bridge praying to God to live again.

Do the Right Thing: Mookie throwing the trash can through Sal's window.

Rio Bravo: The Dude's shaky hand becomes steady as he hears the Mexican music outside, and he pours his drink back in the bottle.

The Smiling Lieutenant: The final shot of Claudette Colbert as she walks off with her back to the camera and gives a farewell wave with her hand.

No Country for Old Men: Chigurh's conversation with the gas station attendant.

Casablanca: When Rick sees Ilsa for the first time in the cafe.

Top Hat: Cheek to Cheek

Horse Feathers: What's the password? Swordfish.

Stay tuned next month for some more favorite moments

No comments: