Thursday 5 June 2008

June's Spotlight : Francois Truffaut

This month will be sort of a challenge for me as I intend to discuss the films of one of the founders of the french New Wave Francois Truffaut. I wanted to discuss his films for awhile, he is one of my favorite directors, yet I know very little about him. What I do know is many of his films such as "Jules and Jim", "Shoot the Piano Player", "The 400 Blows", and perhaps my personal favorite "Stolen Kisses" are all masterpieces and should be shown to any film fan. I am less familiar with his later films of the 70s such as "Day for Night" and "Two English Girls" but hopefully I will view more of his films as the weeks progress.

Truffaut is still someone I am curious about and want to know more of. He's one of the reasons cinema became so exciting in the 60s and he helped pave the way for a more rebellious Hollywood, so I hope you join me for what I hope will be an interesting month.

No comments: