Monday 27 August 2007

SUPER-FAD!!!


Just saw "Superbad". For me the jury's still out on the raunchy sex comedy, some people think they are the greatest thing but sometimes I don't think that comedy and vulgarity are the same thing. I do not think "Caddyshack" or "Meatballs" or any of those films were the comic masterpieces some people make them out to be. But out of the best of these comedies comes great truth. "Superbad" is funny cause it's true. It takes the "American Graffiti" route gives us a memorable night of three friends. As I was watching it I couldn't help but think how in my life I myself or old school friends have embodied the characters of either Evan, Seth, or McLovin. They are the not-so-cool sex-obssessed teens who lean on eachother when they get uninvited to a party.


There were so many parts I loved and I was kinda moved at the ending too, "Superbad" is a great coming of age story and a great sex comedy, and a nice ending to a so-so summer season.

No comments: