Sunday 13 January 2013

Jeremy and the Movies Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies of 2013


Well another movie year has come and gone, however, I still have to play catch up with some more films before I unveil my best of 2012. In the mean time, I thought I'd mention a few films that have already gotten me excited about this year. Here are a few movies that will be released in 2013 I can't wait for.

1. Inside Llewyn Davis: For a while there, the Coen Brothers were working steadily, giving us a movie a year from "No Country for Old Men", to "True Grit", along with giving us some of their best films ever. It's been two years now since "True Grit", and it looks like The Coens will return this year with their new film "Inside Llewyn Davis". Not much is known about this film, other than it's loosly based on Greenwich Village 60s folk singer's Dave Van Ronk's memoir "The Mayor of MacDougal Street". As a longtime fan of anything Coen related, I will be waiting in line for this film to be sure.

2.Before Midnight
The sequel to Richard Linklater's romantic dramas "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset", with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. I was completely blown away by the first two films after having seen them for the first time about three years ago. After how "Before Sunset" ended which in my mind was perfect, it'll be interesting to see what's in store for these older and perhaps wiser middle aged lovers.

3. To The Wonder Terrence Malick's latest was given a release last year which was mostly limited to a festival run. He is not everyone's cup of tea, but I always find him fascinating even if a bit flawed. I can't wait for this.

4. Only Lovers Left Alive Not sure if I'll be able to see this in movie houses since its director Jim Jarmusch doesn't have movies often shown here. Jarmusch is one of the great indie directors with his "Stranger Than Paradise" as one of my favorite films. I love to see what he has planned next. This one is extra interesting as he plunges into the world of vampires. Knowing Jarmusch this won't be "Twilight".

5. Man of Steel
Finally I just have to add my one most anticipated wide release movie of the year. I hold the original "Superman" in high esteem as still the best super hero movie of all time. However I'm intrigued to see what director Zach Snyder has in plan for this version. Plus when has Amy Adams not been good in anything since "Junebug"?

No comments: