Wednesday 29 April 2009

Old Joy!!! "The Rabbit of Seville"


Watch Bugs Bunny-The Rabbit Of Seville in Entertainment  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

I could not finish my month long tribute to Chuck Jones without showing what is possibly my favorite cartoon of all time, "The Rabbit of Seville". I didn't really want to discuss the film in any such great detail but I simply wanted to have it here for yourself to enjoy, and that's really what it all comes down to.

As a child, these cartoons meant so much to me, they were on every Saturday morning, and also sometimes when I would get back from school. I remember distinctly watching some sort of Daffy Duck cartoon while my mother was yelling at me fearing it would rot my brain. As far as I know my brain never rotted, and I think I turned out pretty good.

There's a sense of nostalgia I feel for these cartoons, and a sense of fun just watching them. You can take away all I've said this past month about Chuck Jones and his enormous contribution to cinema as long as you just sit back and enjoy his films, which is why I think he made the films he did. A film like "Rabbit of Seville" much like a Marx Brothers movie, or a Charlie Chaplin movie, is something I don't like to analyze, it's more something I want to savour and digest. There isn't much to say other than it makes me feel good, I guess that's how a film gets to be your favorite, I never knew Chuck Jones or really know much about his life personally, but I hope he took satisfaction that he filled many people with humour and joy.

No comments: