Friday 30 November 2007

Final Thoughts on Yasujiro Ozu

So my friends, December is upon us and with that I will say adieu to my November Spotlight on Yasujiro Ozu. I do hope you've enjoyed my aspects on this great director and perhaps I've inspired a few of you to go and get yourselves a copy of "Tokyo Story", "Late Spring" etc... If you don't want to pay the money just come to my house I'll lend them to you. I can't tell you enough on what this man's films have done to me as a movie fan and as a human being in general. Incidentally a little personal tid bit in my connection with Ozu, I did not find out until just recently but he and I also share the same birthday, we were both born on December 12th, which is also the day of Ozu's death. I know it doesn't mean anything but I was so happy to learn someone I admire so much shares my birthday, hurray for that.

In the meantime thank you and stay tuned for my December Director Spotlight. Who is it you ask? You'll just have to wait until tomorrow when he is revealed.

No comments: